If you are starting your first business then the chances are you are also new to the wonderful world of logo design. You may want to take note that for any start up business, branding is important, no matter how small or big your business is. It will always be an important tool for marketing. To know how much branding is important for your start up, we’re going to explain further as we go along.
Branding is actually an identity, an important portion of being distinguished, and being distinguished and standing out is beneficial for any business. It creates a virtual sticker into the customer’s minds that this brand stands out. It will eventually translate to patronage and a strong following. This kind of loyalty could well be a strong trait of your business even if competitors would have to rely on discounts and sale to keep up with you.
Here are some tips on how to successfully start branding your business:
- Define your brand – Carefully study your product offerings and services as well as your target market. These important details should be translated to your brand.
- Do it all in the first person – while in the process of your brand building, think of it as if you are selling the brand to yourself. This is important because if you cannot sell it to yourself, then that’s a problem
- Look for what drives your business – there are certain details of your brand that will be emotive. Look for that particular thing that makes up your brand and focus on that when creating the branding. The logo should create an emotive response in your customers.
- Connect to your customers and consider it a long term relationship – A long term relationship is founded strongly with trust and honesty – and that’s where you should establish your brand as well. Think of your relationship with your customers as a real one – a lasting one that is.
- Speak to your customers consistently – There is always a sincere feel when the voice tone is consistent. And this will definitely recognised by your customers. Make sure your emails, letters, invoices, business cards, brochures, social media presence and your staff are all using the same tone of voice.
- Imitation is a big no-no – don’t push to be someone else. Your brand might end up being a cheap knock-off, and that’s going to be a big problem for you. Be honest, be yourself.
Whatever you may want to do, or you want a branding agency to do, always ensure that you will become distinguishable, individualistic, sincere and honest towards your customers.