When I decided to apply for the Entrepreneurial Spark programme LeftMedia had just redesigned our studio space, the business had been growing steadily and we had taken on our first employee Brad. Being told we had made it onto the programme was scary and exciting all at the same time. After the news had sunk in the worries set in, is it the right decision? Do we keep the existing studio or move the team to the Manchester Hatchery in Spinningfields, Manchester?
Time flew by and in no time we have been in the Hatchery on the Entrepreneurial Spark programme for almost a month. In that time, I am 100% confident I made the right decision uprooting the business and taking everyone out of their comfort zone. In the time we have been here we have grown LeftMedia to have its best month in terms of turnover since the start of the year, we launched Baronitor – the UK’s first automated print marketing tool to allow you to measure your print marketing effectiveness and myself and the team are happier than ever!
Amazing what a few weeks can do.
But more importantly, we have been working with some amazing people on the Entrepreneurial Spark programme (our fellow “chiclets and even some “nesters”) Here are just some of the lovely people we have worked on in the last couple of weeks:
- When Caroline at Foodinate bounded into the Hatchery with an excited look we should have guessed something big was going to be revealed. Unfortunately, the big reveal didn’t go too well when her roller banner broke after getting maybe a little too excited. Although we didn’t print the banner, the look of disappointment and borderline heartbreak (she was a tiny bit upset) meant we had no other choice than to replace her banner free of charge. It’s the kind of nice things that we do 😉
- We’ve printed a set of soft touch business cards for Elisa at Queek’d the new way to compare dating sites. She’s doing amazing things with her #LoveisLoveChallenge campaign – go check it out on Twitter.
- We’ve worked with Dave at Seriously Connected – producing a guide for all his recruiters, personalised to them to make them feel a bit special. It’s been a really collaborative job making the 5 metre journey to each other’s desks. I can’t wait to share the photos of the printed brochure.
- Laura at My Happy Mind couldn’t miss out on all the fun. She’s running a fantastic start-up helping children build balanced happy minds by working with schools. We are working on business cards, roller banners and some rather funky Yupo Tako stickers to help teachers to interact with their children.
- We are putting the finishing touches to a rebrand and website rebuild project for iVacc (we will update this link when the site goes live!)
If you’ve got to this point, you’re probably thinking this is turning into a Kate Winslet Oscar winning speech so I will stop there but there are even more amazing start-ups we are working with on the programme (even in Cardiff & Brighton).
Got design or print related questions?
If you have any design or print related questions, even if it is a little bit of advice and feedback on your existing logo or website – drop me an email at [email protected]